Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Introduction

It is a common misconception that if you have a large family, you must either be rich to feed them well, or you must sacrifice the quality of the food to be able to afford to feed them all. Neither are the case for my family. If you're looking for recipes like tater tot casserole, you won't find them here.

Local and organic foods are my passion...some would say my obsession. I would say that 95% of the food I feed my family is organic. I try to plan my weekly menus around what I can find at my local farmer's market, which is held every Tuesday morning. This is why you'll find most Tuesday night's dinners (or Wednesday, if I'm feeling lazy on Tuesday) have lamb as their main ingredient. You can assume that all ingredients listed on this blog are organic, unless stated otherwise.

My intent for this blog is to show that having a large family doesn't mean that you have to eat poorly, or that you have to have a lot of money to feed everyone a healthy diet of natural, organic foods.

1 comment: